The first best thing is, It loads too fast - too gud (user wont wait for the page for long time)
I liked the colors used (best for educational site.)
I would suggest a few below things.
- Too many fonts style used
- some areas loads one after another ( ex. the top menu - really distracting)
- Text animation on banner can be enhanced.
- Button colors can be better
- Much importance to be given to breathing space.
- ensure 20% elements gives impact on 80% of the page.
All the best
It is reassuring to see that designers actually use the 80/20 rule. Have you read Universal Principles of Design by Lidwell, Holden and Butler?
@Arden: I highly recommend the book. If focuses on influencing the perceptions of designs, helping people learn from designs, enhancing the usability of designs, increasing the appeal of designs, and making better design decisions.
Cassandra: I have not yet read 'Universal Principle of Design' hmmm...let me go thru this book too.
Adding to Cassandra's recommended book. I too would suggest 'Dont Make Me Think' by Steve Krug
wats ur thought on this Cassandra?