The Social Network was a good movie, but it wasn’t exactly what happened with Facebook.
Mark Zuckerberg has become the poster-child for the young tech billionaire. Below is a literal poster that details how he got started. Credits to Anna Vital and the team at Funders and Founders.
- Few people actually *enjoy* Facebook these days. Kind of like no one seems to really enjoy a cold glass of water. It’s just a fact of life.
- Facebook won over its competitor not because it was necessarily technically better than them, it was its user-friendliness and savvy understanding of human behavior that helped it dominate.
- A relationship contract, as unromantic as it sounds, is probably a necessary move when you’re a billionaire.
- The future Facebook killer may already be out there.
- Could you even imagine what Facebook would be like if Zuckerberg took MTV’s offer?
- The fact Zuckerberg speaks fluent Mandarin and is married to someone of Chinese descent. Slightly ironic that Facebook is completely blocked in Mainland China.
- A lot of us wouldn’t have the stones to turn down all the offers that he was given. I know I wouldn’t.
- He started young. He was around 10 when he developed his first computer program with his father. If your kids are gifted or show interest in something, take them seriously.
- One wonders how well he could fence these days.
What do you think will be your entrepreneurial story? Comment below!